Corn, Pea & Zucchini Fritters
Makes 6 x 8cm fritters
1 Tbsp flour
125g tin corn kernels, drained
1/2 cup peas (if frozen, cook for 40 seconds in the microwave)
1 medium sized zucchini, grated
2 spring onions, sliced
1/4 cup grated cheese
1/4 Tbsp Chopped fresh herbs (coriander, parsley)
Dried chilli flakes (optional)
Salad to serve
1. Whisk together the egg, flour and salt. Add in the corn, peas, grated zucchini, spring onions, grated cheese and herbs. If using the dried chilli flakes add as much or as little as you like. Stir everything together. There will not be a lot of liquid but make sure all the ingredients are evenly coated with the egg mixture.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan to medium-hot. Using an egg ring or scone cutter to help with the shape (see below), place 2 heaped dessert spoonfuls of the mixture into the frying pan to make 1 fritter. You should be able to fit at least 3 fritters in your pan. Cook until golden brown underneath, then very carefully flip each fritter over. Don't try to flip the fritters to soon or then will crumble. Cook the other side until golden. Repeat with remaining mixture.
3. Serve hot with a fresh garden salad (iceberg lettuce, cucumber, tomato and avocado would be perfect) and a dollop of natural yoghurt if you have some.
- Easily make these fritters gluten free by swapping the flour for a gluten free alternative.
- If making for kids, alter the herbs or chilli to suit their tastes. Don't underestimate your kids though - they are often open to trying new things when given the chance.